Businesses that may be eligible include
ARTS | ENTERTAINMENT | RECREATION | HOTELS | RESTAURANTS | BARS | FOOD SERVICES | OTHERS
Overview: Business Recovery Grant Program
Businesses that suffered economic loss during the pandemic may be eligible for a one-time payment of up to $500,000 through the Business Recovery Grant Program, administered by the N.C. Dept. of Revenue. Phase 1 applications were due January 31, 2022. A second phase is opening soon.
Two types of grants will be available to eligible businesses (including sole proprietorships) that suffered an economic loss of at least 20% during the pandemic:
- HOSPITALITY GRANT: Available to an eligible arts, entertainment and recreation business, as well as eligible accommodation and food service businesses such as a hotel, restaurant or bar.
- Eligible businesses must be classified within NAICS codes 71 and 72 and subject to NC income tax.
- Search businesses in NAICS Code 71 here (broad category of Arts, Entertainment, Recreation)
- Search businesses in NAICS Code 72 here (broad category of Accommodations, Food Services)
- REIMBURSEMENT GRANT: Available to an eligible business not classified in NAICS Code 71 and 72 that did not receive funding from other relief programs.
- These programs include Paycheck Protection Program(PPP), COVID-19 Job Retention Grant, Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Advance, Restaurant Revitalization Fund, Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program (SVOG).
- Business must be subject to NC income tax.
Grant amounts will be determined at the conclusion of the application period. All payments will be made by check, mailed to the address provided by the respective business once the amounts are determined after the application period closes.