The BCTDA Sponsorship Program provides financial support for events and special projects that demonstrate an ability to enhance the local tourism industry of Buncombe County.
The primary purposes of the fund are:
- To stimulate the creation of new or expansion of existing events that demonstrate an ability to enhance the economic benefit of Buncombe County.
- To support events that enhance the quality of place for Buncombe County residents and visitors.
- To support educational programming for the hospitality and tourism industries
Sponsorship funding is available to Buncombe County-based nonprofit organizations. Opportunities must be in alignment with at least one of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority’s Strategic Imperatives to be eligible for and receive funding. Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis and must be submitted at least 90 days prior to event.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Before you begin your application, please prepare the following required documents:
- Sponsorship Kit
- Board of Directors Listing (and Event Committee if applicable)
- Event Budget (Include all known or projected expenses and revenues)
- Supporting Materials: marketing materials, media coverage, photographs/videos
- Please provide complete information in response to each question. If you are unable to answer a question or if a question is not applicable to your project, please briefly describe why it cannot be answered or enter “N/A.”
- Please type your answers in the fields provided; handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- You may save and resume your application by clicking on “Save and Resume Later” found at the bottom of each page. The application platform will send a unique link you can use to resume your application. To ensure you don’t lose the link, we recommend you copy and save the link in safe place as well as input your email for the link to be emailed directly to you. Without the link, your saved data cannot be retrieved, and you will have to start filling out the application at the beginning.
- Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (Explore Asheville), no event shall consider Explore Asheville a promoter or co-presenter and therefore Explore Asheville will not be responsible for any debts incurred by a promoter or co-presenter for such event.
- Upon receipt by Explore Asheville, applications are considered a public record except for material which qualifies as “trade secret” information under N.C. Gen. Stat. 66-152 et. seq. To properly designate material as trade secret each applicant must take the following precautions: (a) any trade secrets submitted by an applicant should be submitted in a separate, sealed envelope marked “Trade Secret—Confidential and Proprietary Information—Do Not Disclose Except for the Purpose of Evaluating this Application,” and (b) the same trade secret/confidentiality designation should be stamped on each page of the trade secret materials contained in the envelope. Trade secret information should not be included in electronic versions of applications emailed to Explore Asheville. To the extent such material is actually a trade secret under North Carolina laws; it will not be subject to disclosure. You are directed to consult your own counsel as to whether information is in-fact a trade secret. In submitting an application, each applicant agrees that Explore Asheville may reveal any trade secret materials contained in such response to all Explore Asheville staff and Explore Asheville officials involved in the selection process. Furthermore, each applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Explore Asheville and each of its officers, employees, and agents from all costs, damages, and expenses incurred in connection with refusing to disclose any material, which the applicant has designated as a trade secret.