The Group Sales Team builds awareness of Asheville as a national-level group destination for the meeting, motorcoach and sports and AAA markets and attracts group business by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with planners having potential business for Asheville
- Offering critical services for the meeting/group planning process including lead distribution, coordination of site visits and local partner referrals
- Attending and exhibiting at regional and national industry tradeshows and marketplaces that offer face-to-face interactions with potential clients
- Hosting client events and conducts sales calls in target cities
- Hosting the 48-Hour Meeting Planner Experience, a meeting planner familiarization trip, three times per year for direct and independent meeting planners
- Hosting periodic tour operator familiarization trips for motorcoach operators/buyers
- Maintaining a communications strategy to keep Asheville top-of-mind among meeting/group planners by offering information and reasons to encourage bookings.
How can tourism industry partners work with the CVB sales team?
- Participate in Tradeshows, Client Events, FAM Tours
Industry partners who participate in the sales team’s efforts generally include hotel and venue partners and attractions that offer group experiences (10 people or more). For a list of this fiscal year’s opportunities, click here.
- Help Us Bring a Meeting or Conference to Asheville
Show your hometown love by encouraging your own organization to meet in Asheville. Click here to learn about referring a meeting planner to our team.
- Reach Non-Leisure Audiences with a Listing in the Group business sections of ExploreAsheville.com
Are you a planner interested in bringing a meeting or group event to Asheville?
Are you planning a conference in Asheville that requires meeting space and 10 or more hotel rooms? The Asheville CVB sales team can help. We are the best first point of contact to help you find the right fit for any size meeting. Our complimentary services save you time, effort and help you make the smartest decisions. In addition to sourcing your room and meeting needs, the CVB can coordinate a site visit and put you in touch with local companies needed to make your event a success. And, groups that utilize the CVB to source their meetings gain access to exclusive services. Contact the sales team today!
More Group Services
The Service Department offers planning assistance and visitor information for attendees. The department can also help inspire excitement and encourage attendance with a variety of promotional materials and assistance.
Pre-convention Attendance Building & Meeting Marketing Services Include:
- Asheville images and video
- Promotional copy/text for website, brochure, newsletter
- Visitor guides, attraction brochures and giveaways to promote future meeting in Asheville
- Welcome letter from Asheville Mayor and CVB Executive Director
- Custom microsite which lists activity ideas, conference information, etc. for groups of 400 or more attendees
- Activity Ideas & contacts
- Resources and ideas for offsite event spaces, group restaurants, local speakers & entertainers, team building activities, community organizations, etc.
Visitor information & Giveaways for Attendees
- Travel guides, maps, Asheville plastic bags, and giveaways
- Hospitality Table with visitor information displayed at meeting site
- A staffed hospitality table is available for meetings/conventions with 400 or more attendees