The Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (BCTDA) is expanding its Wayfinding system to include inter-district signs for the River Arts District. Attend a Community Input Session to help guide the development of this initiative.
There will be morning and afternoon sessions. Each session will include a short presentation followed by an opportunity to provide input. See session details and RSVP info here.
About the BCTDA’s Wayfinding Program
The BCTDA manages and funds the county-wide Wayfinding signage system established in 2010 to facilitate wayfinding for visitors and residents throughout the Asheville area. The program aligns with the Asheville area destination brand, and objectives include:
- Enhance the destination’s sense of place as well as the region’s history and character
- Increase economic impact by moving visitors throughout the region
- Enhance visitor satisfaction by providing easy navigation routes
- Decreasing traffic congestion by reducing visitors’ search time for destinations and parking
- Create repeat visitation by increasing awareness of depth of destination
- Reflect and expand the Asheville area destination brand