WEBINAR: Expanding Your Engagement in Google, an Introduction
Monday, October 29, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Educational Opportunities: Harness the Power of Google for Your Business
Did you know that 40% of Google searches never result in a click to an external website? Search users—including travel planners—can now find much of what they are looking for within the Google ecosystem of products.
This year, in cooperation with Miles Partnership, Explore Asheville has embarked on an initiative to improve the destination’s visibility and engagement in Google’s search and travel exploration products. Central to these Google products are the individual listings for each business, and that is where you come in! Two upcoming education opportunities for our tourism industry partners will show you how to expand your exposure within Google’s products, and improve your engagement and conversion with your customers.
WEBINAR: Expanding Your Engagement in Google, an Introduction—The first part of the program is a 1-hour webinar on Monday, October 29 at 10 a.m. During this one-hour session you will learn:
- What Explore Asheville is doing to improve the destination’s presence on Google
- How your Google My Business listing is surfaced in Google search and travel products
- Opportunities to get the most exposure, customer satisfaction and marketing insights for your business from the free Google My Business platform
- The latest features in Google My Business to engage customers
- How to prepare for “instant verification” of your business on Google at the Industry Workshop on Tuesday, November 13 (see below)
Register Today For This Webinar!
(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The webinar will also be made available on this page after the initial session on November 13.)
LIVE WORKSHOPS: How to Maximize Your Business Presence on Google (Using Free Online Tools)—The second event in our two-part education initiative will be held Tuesday, November 13 in the Explore Asheville Boardroom at 27 College Place. At this in-person workshop, representatives from Miles Partnership will provide tactical training and how-to guide take-aways for using Google My Business. Topics covered will include:
- Claiming and managing your account
- Obtaining and responding to reviews
- Tips to improve your photography
- Adding 360 images & video
- Removing photos from your listing
- Leveraging Local Guides
- Getting the most from Posts
- Unique opportunities by business type
- How-to guide take-away documents
During this event we will also be providing on-site instant verification of Google My Business accounts. If your business isn’t verified, or you’ve lost access to your business listing, come to the workshop and we can help you get verified instantly, without a postcard or a phone call. You’ll need to bring a one or more of the following documents: utility bill(s), tax letter(s) or business registration certificate(s) to participate in instant verification. The documents must show the business name, address, and category (if possible). You will also need the login to the Google account for your business. If you do not have an account, visit https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
Note: Webinar attendance is not required to participate in the workshop, but the webinar will introduce several of the concepts and is highly recommended. The webinar will be made available on this page after the initial session on November 13.