- This event has passed.
Partner Forum – Social Media & PR Tips
Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The CVB Marketing team provided helpful tips and information for using social media and public relations for our tourism industry partner businesses, and shared insight on managing ExploreAsheville’s channels.
Download the presentation here.
Free & inexpensive tools for social media marketing:
- TweetDeck – monitoring/dashboard, schedule posts, twitter only (free)
- Hootsuite – monitoring/dashboard, schedule posts, FB/Twitter/IG (free)
- Picodash – Instagram management & analytics (low cost)
- Iconosquare – Instagram management & analytics (low cost)
- SproutSocial – monitoring/dashboard, schedule posts, FB/Twitter/IG (moderate cost)
- PicMonkey – web-based photo editing tool (free)
- Canva – web-based graphic design tool (free)
- WooBox – Facebook-based contests & promotions (some useful free features)
- Photojojo – shop for photo/video equipment for use with smartphones
- Handheld Microphone – the microphone used for ACVB’s Facebook Live broadcasts
Free PR tool:
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO) – daily opportunities to pitch direct to media (free)
Helpful articles & guides:
- Beginner’s Guide to Social Media (Moz) – also helpful for experienced users!
- NEWS: Facebook Pages adds new features for live broadcasts (Tech Crunch)
- 11 Ways to Take a Better Food Photo on Instagram (New York Times)
- Seven Ways to Use Instagram for Marketing Restaurants (Gourmet Marketing)
- 5 Examples of Amazing Restaurant Twitter Strategies (Restaurant Engine)
Links to claim your listing on: