- This event has passed.
Community Update: Wayfinding Signage in the River Arts District | February 27, 2020
Thursday, February 27, 2020, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Please join us on Thursday, February 27, to hear an update on the expansion of the Wayfinding system in the River Arts District. Building on input gathered at previous community meetings in January and August 2019, the presentation will include a review of signage designs and locations. Attendees will have an opportunity to share input with the design team.
Please contact Joe Phelps at jphelps@ExploreAsheville.com with any questions.
About the BCTDA’s Wayfinding Program:
The BCTDA manages and funds the county-wide Wayfinding signage system established in 2010 to facilitate wayfinding for visitors and residents throughout the Asheville area. The program aligns with the Asheville area destination brand, and objectives include:
- Enhance the destination’s sense of place as well as the region’s history and character
- Increase economic impact by moving visitors throughout the region
- Enhance visitor satisfaction by providing easy navigation routes
- Decreasing traffic congestion by reducing visitors’ search time for destinations and parking
- Create repeat visitation by increasing awareness of depth of destination
- Reflect and expand the Asheville area destination brand