- This event has passed.
Community Input Sessions: Wayfinding Signage in the River Arts District – August 19
Monday, August 19, 2019
The BCTDA is expanding its Wayfinding system to include intra-district signs for the River Arts District. Partners joined us on August 19 to help guide the development of this initiative.
Design concepts based on input received from the community engagement process in January 2019 was presented by the Wayfinding program design firm.
Two sessions were offered on Monday, August 19, at Explore Asheville, 27 College Place, Boardroom. Each session included a short presentation and an opportunity to provide your input!
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Please contact Pat Kappes at pkappes@ExploreAsheville.com with any questions.
Download the presentation:
About the BCTDA’s Wayfinding Program:
The BCTDA manages and funds the county-wide Wayfinding signage system established in 2010 to facilitate wayfinding for visitors and residents throughout the Asheville area. The program aligns with the Asheville area destination brand, and objectives include:
- Enhance the destination’s sense of place as well as the region’s history and character
- Increase economic impact by moving visitors throughout the region
- Enhance visitor satisfaction by providing easy navigation routes
- Decreasing traffic congestion by reducing visitors’ search time for destinations and parking
- Create repeat visitation by increasing awareness of depth of destination
- Reflect and expand the Asheville area destination brand