- This event has passed.
Community Input Session (Morning): Wayfinding Signage in the River Arts District
Thursday, January 31, 2019, 8:30 am - 10:00 am
The Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (BCTDA) is expanding its Wayfinding system to include inter-district signs for the River Arts District. Attend a Community Input Session to help guide the development of this initiative.
A short presentation began at 8:30 a.m. followed by an opportunity to provide input.
For those who were unable to attend the morning session, please note there was also a session from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. in the same location. Drop-ins were welcome.
About the BCTDA’s Wayfinding Program:
The BCTDA manages and funds the county-wide Wayfinding signage system established in 2010 to facilitate wayfinding for visitors and residents throughout the Asheville area. The program aligns with the Asheville area destination brand, and objectives include:
- Enhance the destination’s sense of place as well as the region’s history and character
- Increase economic impact by moving visitors throughout the region
- Enhance visitor satisfaction by providing easy navigation routes
- Decreasing traffic congestion by reducing visitors’ search time for destinations and parking
- Create repeat visitation by increasing awareness of depth of destination
- Reflect and expand the Asheville area destination brand