- This event has passed.
2022 Hospitality Outlook
Wednesday, March 9, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
On March 9, 2022, Explore Asheville hosted the 2022 Hospitality Outlook via Zoom webinar, featuring:
– Updates on air service at Asheville Regional Airport and on hotel inventory
– Insights on new properties under development in the community:
- The Restoration, from Mike Scavo, Corporate Director of Hotel Operations, Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate
- The Flatiron Hotel, from Philip Woollcott, Managing Principal, JPW Development Partners | Flatiron Preservation Group
- The Radical and Zelda Dearest, from William Norris, Development Director, Hatteras Sky
– Keynote speaker and noted authority Adam Sacks, founder and president of Tourism Economics, with a customized market forecast for Asheville’s lodging and travel sector
More About Keynote Speaker Adam Sacks
Adam Sacks is the Founder and President of Tourism Economics, an Oxford Economics company dedicated to understanding the relationship between travel and the economy. For more than two decades, Adam has worked with destinations, industry associations, and companies around the world in the areas of opportunity and risk assessments, policy analysis, and economic impact.
Adam also supports trade associations in the hotel, aviation, and broader travel arena with forecasts widely considered to be an industry standard. And by examining the economic merits of travel facilitation, taxation, and tourism promotion initiatives, Adam’s work has influenced critical government policies.
He is an authority on measuring the economic impact of visitor activity and has analyzed the impacts of hotels, attractions, gaming, timeshare, cruising, and destination marketing.
Adam regularly presents to corporate strategic planning teams on the threats and opportunities facing their businesses and is a member of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Travel & Tourism Advisory Board.