From the office of N.C. Governor Roy Cooper: The following programs are available for North Carolinians who qualify with rent, utilities, food, health care or other needs

Visit NCWorks Career Centers for assistance with the job search journey.

Apply for the HOPE Program for rent and utility and assistance.

Apply for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) and Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) for assistance with heating and cooling bills.

Visit Foreclosure Prevention for free foreclosure counseling.

Visit Legal Assistance for legal assistance about evictions.

Find additional information for renters through the HUD Rental Housing Counseling and Eviction Prevention Program.

Apply for food assistance at Food and Nutrition Services (Food Stamps).

Apply for the NC Medicaid Beneficiary Portal for health and well-being services.

Schedule an appointment for basic health care at Rural Health Centers.

Apply for Medication Assistance Program (MAP) for access to prescription drugs.

Call the Hope4NC helpline for a free, confidential mental health resource.

Apply for Subsidized Child Care Assistance for ongoing financial assistance for families in need of child care services.

Apply for Child Support Services for help to establish paternity or collecting child support.

Parents can visit Work First to receive short-term training for employment.

People who are currently at or below 100% of the federal poverty level can receive support from Work First for employment, housing and crisis prevention needs.

People can register to claim the federal Child Tax Credit at Non-Filer Sign-Up Tool.

Call 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 to connect with a NC 211 call specialist.

From Buncombe County: The following programs and opportunities are available for residents who qualify:

Homeowner Grant Program

FEMA Disaster Assistance