The Administrative Assistant is responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering a variety of support and administrative functions for the Executive Office of Explore Asheville Convention and Visitors Bureau, which is comprised of the President & CEO, the VP of Administration, the Director of Finance, and the Executive Operations Manager. This position carries out administrative duties such as filing, copying, scanning, making travel arrangements, scheduling, and event planning.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma and prior work experience of two or more years in an administrative position which included computer operations; or a degree in hospitality, tourism, business, or communications; or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience in business, hospitality, meeting planning and/or communications.
- Event planning and/or Human Resources experience is helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with office and AV equipment.
- Tech-savvy and good at troubleshooting simple/general IT issues.
- Experience with or able to learn basics of the WordPress website platform to make simple posts.
- A strong desire and capability to support the needs of fellow staff and Explore Asheville’s tourism community partners.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong writing and proofreading skills.
- A valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and access to a vehicle.