The Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (BCTDA) is pleased that you are interested in applying for funding from the Tourism Product Development Fund (TPDF).
Since the fund’s inception in 2001, a total of $34.5 million has been awarded to 33 projects. The TPDF is funded with one and a half percentage points of the occupancy tax and is a designated funding source for capital development projects that serve to significantly increase patronage of lodging facilities in Buncombe County.
The application process includes two phases of application submissions. Phase I is a shortened version requiring project information on a concept level only, and is designed to assess the viability of the application and its conformity to the goals of the fund. Successful phase I applicants will be invited to participate in phase II, which requires detailed information such as financials, business plans and feasibility studies among other requirements.
An Information Session for prospective applicants was held on Wednesday, April 11, in the Explore Asheville Boardroom at 27 College Place. The session included information on the application process, funding requirements, and due dates as well as an opportunity for Q&A. Review the Information Session presentation here.
(Dates in red are required for applicants.)
- Application Materials available for download – Friday, March 16, 2018
- Information Session – Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Phase I Applications Due – Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 5 p.m. EST
- TPDF Committee Meeting – Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Phase I Applicants Notified – Wednesday, June 27, 2018
- Phase II Applications Due – Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 5 p.m. EST
- Phase II Project Presentations – September 27 & 28, 2018 (Applicant must be available on one of these dates.)
- Site Visits – October 8 & 9, 2018 (Applicant must be available on one of these dates.)
- TPDF Committee Meeting – Friday, October 26, 2018
- Grantees Announced – On or before Wednesday, October 31, 2018
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact Pat Kappes, Director of Public Affairs, at 828-210-2724 or pkappes@ExploreAsheville.com.
TPDF 2018 Program Guide – Review an overview of the application process, requirements and criteria on which projects are evaluated.
Complete the form below to access the application documentation: