The PR Manager is responsible for executing day-to-day media relations efforts to promote Asheville to the national and international markets as well as throughout the region. This role works directly with editors, print reporters, broadcast journalists, bloggers, freelance writers, film makers, photographers, authors, and publishers of travel oriented books.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in English, Journalism, or Communications required.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the field of public relations.
- Background in media relations, media pitching, or work within the media is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Initiate and foster strong and positive media relations on behalf of Explore Asheville.
Find a complete job description and instructions for applying here >>