This is an entry level position that assists the Explore Asheville Public Relations Department with media and public relations efforts. The PR Coordinator is responsible for assisting with day-to-day media relations efforts to promote Asheville to the national and international markets as well as throughout the region.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or similarly relevant major required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the field of public relations.
- Background in media relations, media pitching, or work within the media is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide administrative support to the Public Relations team in the Marketing Department and assist in the execution of the work plan to raise awareness and inspire travel to the Asheville area.