Explore Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Buncombe County, North Carolina, seeks candidates for an entry-level position to assist in marketing and PR administration and media coordination as part of efforts to market and promote the Asheville area as a tourism destination.
This position provides administrative support to the Marketing Department and assists in the execution of the work plan to raise awareness and inspire travel to the Asheville area. In addition to administrative responsibilities, the assistant works closely with the media relations team. Duties include:
- Manages media database and creates specific mailing lists using media relations software.
- Arranges itineraries, accommodations and scheduling for visiting journalists as well as coordinating details for larger FAMs and media events.
- Often serves as the first point of contact for media inquiries.
- Manages monthly media clip analysis reports and reports data on the CVB monthly index.
- Oversees management of extensive photo library and coordinates image and video distribution and photo shoots as well as image and video uploads to press room and the photo curation site and works on the tagging of imagery.
- Assists with coordination of select marketing and advertising projects and billing for co-op efforts.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree. A major in journalism, public relations, marketing, or communications is preferred. Proficiency with MS Office and specifically, PowerPoint, is required. The candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to handle frequent contact with the media, industry partners and the general public. Excellent written communication skills and strong proofreading abilities are essential. A high degree of organizational skills is necessary to juggle the multiple projects and deadlines that are required of the person in this position. Ability to adapt to new technical platforms is also important. A basic understanding of media relations is helpful.
Submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating applicable experience and knowledge to Glenn Cox, VP of Administration, via an external listing portal or by email at gcox@ExploreAsheville.com.