Sponsorship funding is available to Buncombe County-based nonprofits providing professional and community development opportunities that serve the local community including tourism partners. Opportunities must be in alignment with at least one of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority’s Strategic Imperatives to be eligible for and receive funding. The Strategic Imperatives are included in the application below.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Provide complete information in response to each question. DO NOT skip questions – a response is REQUIRED for each question.
- Before you begin your application, please prepare the following required documents:
- Sponsorship Kit
- Board of Directors Listing (and Event Committee if applicable)
- Event Budget (Include all known or projected expenses and revenues)
- Supporting Materials: marketing materials, media coverage, photographs/videos
- Please note, you are not able to save and return back to your application, so be prepared to fill out the application in one session. You may use this PDF form to prepare your responses ahead of time.
- Applications may be submitted at any time; however, requests are reviewed on a quarterly basis after the following dates:
- August 15, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- February 15, 2023
- May 15, 2023
- Funding decisions will be determined, and notifications sent to applicants within two weeks of quarterly review dates.
SPONSORSHIP REQUEST FORM
- Unless otherwise specified by the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (Explore Asheville), no event shall consider Explore Asheville a promoter or co-presenter and therefore Explore Asheville will not be responsible for any debts incurred by a promoter or co-presenter for such event.
- Upon receipt by Explore Asheville, applications are considered a public record except for material which qualifies as “trade secret” information under N.C. Gen. Stat. 66-152 et. seq. To properly designate material as trade secret each applicant must take the following precautions: (a) any trade secrets submitted by an applicant should be submitted in a separate, sealed envelope marked “Trade Secret—Confidential and Proprietary Information—Do Not Disclose Except for the Purpose of Evaluating this Application,” and (b) the same trade secret/confidentiality designation should be stamped on each page of the trade secret materials contained in the envelope. Trade secret information should not be included in electronic versions of applications emailed to Explore Asheville. To the extent such material is actually a trade secret under North Carolina laws; it will not be subject to disclosure. You are directed to consult your own counsel as to whether information is in-fact a trade secret. In submitting an application, each applicant agrees that Explore Asheville may reveal any trade secret materials contained in such response to all Explore Asheville staff and Explore Asheville officials involved in the selection process. Furthermore, each applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Explore Asheville and each of its officers, employees, and agents from all costs, damages, and expenses incurred in connection with refusing to disclose any material, which the applicant has designated as a trade secret.