North Carolina is in Phase 3 of the “Safer at Home” order
- GOVERNOR COOPER’S CURRENT EXECUTIVE ORDER [effective OCTOBER 2 – 23, 2020]
- AN OVERVIEW & MORE EXPLANATION ABOUT PHASE 3 [press release SEPTEMBER 30, 2020]
- NORTH CAROLINA PHASE 3 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS [SEPTEMBER 30, 2020]
- INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR MEETING ROOMS & EVENT SPACES [OCTOER 2, 2020]
- FAQs ON ALCOHOL SALES & SERVICES [effective JULY 28, 2020 until rescinded]
- GUIDANCE ON THE STATE MANDATE FOR MASKS & FACE COVERINGS [effective AUGUST 27, 2020 until rescinded]
- BUNCOMBE COUNTY RESOURCES & INFO, INCLUDING UPDATED ORDER [effective OCTOBER 2, 2020]
- REOPENING GUIDANCE, SIGNAGE & RESOURCES FROM BUNCOMBE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
5-Step Action Plan for How to Handle Anti-Mask Guests
What should you do if an anti-mask guest disrupts your business? Explore Asheville hosted a one-hour webinar on Sept 2, where attorney Andria Lure Ryan discussed steps your business can take to minimize the chances of such an incident occurring in your workplace. VIEW A RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR & THE SPEAKER’S PRESENTATION HERE.
‘Asheville Cares’ Stay Safe Pledge
Communicate a shared commitment to safety with the ASHEVILLE CARES STAY SAFE PLEDGE, spearheaded by Explore Asheville in collaboration with local industry partners, and made available in a variety of formats.
Buncombe County Tourism Jobs Recovery Fund
A total of 394 small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 are receiving grants from this fund established by the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority. UPDATED INFORMATION HERE.
Business Restart Resources for Safe Reopening
Explore Asheville in partnership with a task force of county and regional organizations developed the SMART RESTART TOOLKIT, with guidance and resources for business owners and employers under Phase 2.5. Buncombe County also has public health materials, such as screening tools, signage on face coverings and more, for local businesses HERE.
Hospitality Industry: Resources from NC Restaurant & Lodging Association
Resources, guidance, and advocacy opportunities from NCRLA HERE.
Mask Mandate in North Carolina: Signage & Info
The wearing of masks, indoors and outdoors in public spaces, remains a mandate in North Carolina by all individuals, age 5 and older, with few exceptions.
- Requirements for the use of face coverings and masks HERE.
- North Carolina Dept of Health & Human Services signage and other resources on the mask mandate and 3 W’s HERE.
- Buncombe County Public Health has created signage and other tools to help businesses communicate the mandate HERE.
- Explore Asheville is partnering with the County to allow use of nine of our kiosks to promote this message. Learn more HERE.
Travel Industry Resources
Find industry guidance for promoting the health and safety of all travelers from the US TRAVEL ASSOCIATION. Also, check out VISIT NC for resources to help industry partners navigate business relief, communications, advocacy, research and other needs.
More Coronavirus Info & Resources