North Carolina is in an extension of Phase 3 of the ‘Safer at Home’ order
- NEW: GOVERNOR COOPER’S CURRENT EXECUTIVE ORDER [in effect through at least December 11, 2020]
- NEW: GUIDANCE ON THE NC MANDATE FOR MASKS & FACE COVERINGS [updated November 23, 2020]
- NEW: NC PHASE 3 EXTENSION & UPDATED MASK MANDATES – FAQs [November 23, 2020]
- NEW: BUNCOMBE COUNTY ACTION IN RESPONSE TO GOVERNOR COOPER’S NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER [November 25, 2020]
- INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS, such as wedding receptions [November 12, 2020]
- INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING [November 6, 2020]
- INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR MEETING ROOMS & EVENT SPACES [October 2, 2020]
- FAQs ON ALCOHOL SALES & SERVICES [effective July 28, 2020 until rescinded]
- BUNCOMBE COUNTY METRICS [updated continuously]
PUBLIC SAFETY RESOURCES FOR BUSINESS
Mask Mandate in Buncombe County: Signage & Info
- To help businesses comply with public safety messages and measures, Buncombe County has created downloadable signage in English and Spanish, including the newly required occupancy limit signage. Find it HERE.
- Buncombe County Community Updates: Latest facts and COVID-19 case numbers HERE.
- Other information and guidance from Buncombe County public health officials HERE.
Mask Mandate in North Carolina: Signage & Info
NC Dept of Health & Human Services media toolkits, signage, banners, Zoom virtual backgrounds, email signatures, PSAs, and other resources on the mask mandate and 3 W’s HERE.
‘Asheville Cares’ Stay Safe Pledge
Communicate a shared commitment to safety with the ASHEVILLE CARES STAY SAFE PLEDGE, spearheaded by Explore Asheville in collaboration with local industry partners, and made available in a variety of formats.
New 3 W’s Safety Campaign
Explore Asheville partnered with Buncombe County and the City of Asheville on a new 3 W’s safety campaign featuring a whimsical and eye-catching design, with materials available to local businesses. Learn more HERE.
5-Step Action Plan for How to Handle Anti-Mask Guests
What should you do if an anti-mask guest disrupts your business? Explore Asheville hosted a one-hour webinar where attorney Andria Lure Ryan discussed steps your business can take to minimize the chances of such an incident occurring in your workplace. VIEW A RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR & THE SPEAKER’S PRESENTATION HERE.
Hospitality Industry: Resources from NC Restaurant & Lodging Association
Resources, guidance, and advocacy opportunities from NCRLA HERE.
Travel Industry Resources
Find industry guidance for promoting the health and safety of all travelers from the US TRAVEL ASSOCIATION. Also, check out VISIT NC for resources to help industry partners navigate business relief, communications, advocacy, research and other needs.
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
Buncombe County Tourism Jobs Recovery Fund
A total of 394 small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 received grants from this fund established by the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority. UPDATED INFORMATION HERE.
Business Coaching & More
Explore Asheville recently hosted a webinar led by digital marketing strategist and educator Sarah Benoit of JB Media Institute to help businesses discover ways to improve their websites. Learn more HERE.
Mountain BizWorks offers small businesses opportunities for lending and learning, with special expertise in the financial challenges of COVID-19. Learn more HERE.
Land of Sky Regional Council has developed a one-sheet guide for small business owners in Western North Carolina HERE.
Resources for Safe Reopening
Explore Asheville in partnership with a task force of county and regional organizations developed the SMART RESTART TOOLKIT, with guidance and resources for business owners and employers.
MORE COVID-19 INFO & RESOURCES