Asheville CVB Marketing/PR Assistant
The Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) seeks an entry-level position to assist in marketing and promoting the Asheville area as a tourism destination.
This position provides administrative support to the Marketing Department and assists in the execution of the work plan to raise awareness and inspire travel to the Asheville area. In addition to administrative responsibilities, the assistant works closely with the media relations team. Duties include:
- Manages media database and creates specific mailing lists using media relations software.
- Arranges itineraries, accommodations and scheduling for visiting journalists as well as coordinating details for larger FAMs and media events.
- Often serves as the first point of contact for media inquiries.
- Manages monthly media clip analysis reports and reports data on the CVB monthly index.
- Oversees management of extensive photo library and coordinates image and video distribution and photo shoots as well as image and video uploads to press room and photo curation site and works on tagging of imagery.
- Assists with coordination of select marketing and advertising projects and billing on co-op efforts.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. A major in journalism, public relations, or communications is preferred. Proficiency with MS Office and specifically, PowerPoint, is required. The candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to handle frequent contact with the media, industry partners and the general public. Excellent written communication skills and strong proofreading abilities are essential. A high degree of organizational skills are necessary to juggle the multiple projects and deadlines that are required of the person in this position. A basic understanding of media relations is helpful.
Job details and qualifications can be found here.
Send an email with the following attachments: 1) Resume and 2) Cover Letter including your salary requirements or history with “Marketing/PR Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or drop-ins.
We are always seeking seasoned writers, photographers and multimedia storytellers who have a deep knowledge of Asheville and a desire to explore the region and to share its stories via paid, bylined freelance story assignments. Learn how to join the content network here.
For other job opportunities in the Asheville area visit the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce.